CrAzY, CRAZY, FuN Summer!!!
I think our life is starting to settle down a bit after that whirlwind of a summer, enough that I can finally post some of the high lights.
We were lucky enough to share it with so many fun friends and family. It will definitely go down in the books as the summer we shared our house, with family, friends, the Triathlon and even some friendly birds!!!!
We started the summer with visits from Scarlett and Jenna. The kids sure did love all the cousin time.
We welcomed a trampoline into our home this summer too. The kids and all their friends have loved the addition!
We hosted a lot of fun parties.
Having MANY kids playing at our house is a common event. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it when the kids have all their friends over.
Hosted a 40th birthday party race for some great friends.
super fun challenges in the "Amazing Race"
Caden's really good friend got to stay with us a few times during the summer before they moved. We went on a lot of fun outings while he was with us.
Mighty Muscle Men!!!
Zach was our good luck charm on our trip to Bumgardner. He wanted to see a bear so bad. We went on several hikes were he hoped to see a bear. Finally Scott took he and Caden out on the 4 wheeler and they saw their bear!!
Fun 4wheeling trips with Friends and Family
The kids really wanted to pick up this snake they found but couldn't do it so I got it for them.
Even after I got it for them, thy still wouldn't pick it up.
Sarah was so mad that I wouldn't let her take her snake grass creation home.
Even the birds thought our house would be an awesome place to visit, AND have babies!!
This mama Quail made a nest under the swing set. The kids watched every day. One day they came in and said that she was gone. I went to look and camouflaged in the bark were 16 tiny little chicks.
Mama doesn't feel safe anymore so she moves the chicks across the lawn with the help of dad.
He is very protective. Every few feet he makes them stops while he scopes out the area a few feet ahead, then they proceed.
Even this little yellow bird spent a lot of time in our yard this summer.
Fun at Grandma and Grandpa Smiths
The kids love Todd's new puppy
Baseball was a a big hit in June!! Caden really loved it.
Lot's of time spent with friends at the pool
Sophie!!!!
loves Popsicles
we discovered that our little "white kid" really needs sunscreen. Oops!
Shy found a best friend. These two can not go a day with out seeing each other!!
Caden lost a couple teeth
Our yearly Rodeo family night fun
Our house becomes Tuscany Triple Head Quarters
our little neighbor girls are so helpful. They came over several times over the summer to help me sort stuff into bags and fill packets. Future event planners!
Relaxing by the river as summer winds down
One of the highlights of summer was having our friends stay with us before they moved. The kids loved the nightly sleepovers on the family room floor while watching shark shows. After we finished up with the tri stuff we took the kids out to the river for one more fun and relaxing play date before they took off for much WARMER weather.
These boys are so funny. The late nights of staying up and watching survival shows inspired them to eat the raw fish they had caught right out of the river. CRAZY!
Saying good Bye!!































1 comment:
Wow! Look at you hold a snake! I must say I am very impressed and surprised that none of the kids would hold it! I want Zach to go camping with us.. I too really want to see a bear!! :) Looks like such a fun summer! thanks for sharing all the great pictures! -jenn f.
Post a Comment