Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Answered Prayers


Last night as I went to bed, (LATE after trying to get my sweet little baby down for the night) I sighed deeply knowing that I was going to bed while my house was a complete wreck!!! I dreaded the mess that would greet me in the morning.
My prayers went something like this,
"Please help me find a way to get my house clean. I can't take the mess any more. I really need my house clean SOON!!!!"
I woke up this morning, walked down stairs........
yup, still a mess.
It's okay, I guess I wasn't expecting a HUGE miracle. I just need the time and energy to get it done.
I started working on things. Sophia thinks that is a bad idea. She would rather be held all day. CAN"T GET CLEANING DONE THAT WAY!
I decide that I should put her in the baby pack, that way I can walk around and have my hands free, except she DOES NOT like it when I bend down. That disrupts her sleep!
Maybe a maid is the answer to my prayers!
I wait and wait for a knock at my door and a nice gal from one of those places like Merry Maids, ready to tackle my mess.
No Merry Maids.
I got two phone calls today, from two different friends I don't talk to on the phone very often. They wanted to know how things were going. They were so sweet to let me vent and vent!
Between the two conversations this is what I got today.
  • It is okay-and very normal to fall behind.
  • Things will eventually get back to normal.
  • Cherish the moments with my kids, because when they are all older and out of the house, I will have LOTS of time to clean my EMPTY house.
When I got off the phone, I felt so much better! I kissed little Sophie on the head (which was pretty easy to do because she was still attached to me in the baby pack).

God does hear and answer our prayers. It's not always the way we want (a maid) and it is often through other people. I'm sure he could have sent a whole crew of maids to get my house back in perfect order, but I have kids, by next week it would be a total wreck again and I'd be in the same place.
I know God loves us and he is aware of my needs because I am surrounded by such wonderful people that do and say just what I need.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Um, I only feel a TING guilty sitting in my quiet (albeit disasterous) house while my 2 girls are over adding to your stress.
That's it. While Hannah is away tomorrow, Sophia is coming over to play.
Seriously. It'll be good for Jov.

jenn said...

When I got off the phone with you I wished and wished I could just come over and help.. I never dreamed that just our conversation alone would be of help. God does work in mysterious ways. You helped ease my mind as well so I guess He knew we needed each other! Even though we don't see one another or talk very often I value our friendship very much!