Monday, September 14, 2009

Mixed Feelings!!!!
Today I had one of those moments as a mom where I just didn't know how to react (I'm not going to lie, I have those often). Up until this week I have been Caden's teacher at church. I was just asked to work with the Scouts as a den leader, meaning that I am no longer going to be Caden's teacher. It somehow came up in a conversation today and Caden had a complete melt down. Caden rarely ever cries, but this news resulted in 20+ minutes of huge sobs and many tears. Caden kept saying over and over, "you should have said no....I want YOU to teach me.....don't you want to teach me....I want you to always be my teacher...."
I must say I felt quite SURPRISED that he even noticed I was in his class,
I feel OBLIGATED to this new commitment,
I was very SAD for him that he felt like I took another calling instead of teaching him,
But I also felt quite HONORED that the time spent together is that important to him.
SO with all these sudden emotions running so high, and not knowing what the heck to do, I just did what I know best. We sat on the couch and read books for about an hour. We will see what Sunday brings when it gets here.

4 comments:

Daniel and Dawn said...

Okay, since your admitting a few things, I will to. I teared up on this post!!! So I can only imagine what you felt.

jenn said...

Boy, that is a tough one.. I wouldn't know what to do either. At least he's had all this time to process it and hopefully Sunday will be okay. Let us know how it goes!

Chris and Mel said...

gotta eat those moments up while ya can!

Daniel and Dawn said...

OH NO!! Daniel would freak!! I sure wish I did! I he likes her stick ons until she asks for real ones. I wonder if I did it how long it would take him to notice :)