Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Keep your mind calm so your eyes just see the picture and don't think about the things around it."

That is what my 7 year old told me when I asked him how he took such great pictures.


Looks like he even knows how to work the zoom!!


Picture he took of his friend and his lego ship.

Caden has always been really interested in trying to use my camera, and has been wanting one for a while. While we were in McCall this weekend, I let him use my camera and this is what he got. I thought they were pretty good.
After we got home, Scott gave him our old Canon powershot. Caden was just ecstatic!!! He immediately started taking pictures and talking about lighting and zooming in and out. All the way to his bed he talked about his new camera and the pictures he would take, and the blog he is going to start and printing his pictures at Costco and then selling them. SO cute!!!!
When I went to say good night to him he asked,
"Mom, if I put the shutter speed on a long time, can I take pictures of green and red lights and make them go across the picture?...................If things are moving really fast, can I do a fast shutter speed and make the picture still look good, like of someone on a merry-go-round?...........sometimes you have to keep taking a picture lots of times til you get it just right. You have to calm your mind down so you see just the picture you want to take "

After I picked my jaw up off the bed I told him we could try out what ever his little heart desired. On his list,
  • Reflection of the light on his Christmas tree in his room bouncing off the ornament (yes, my kids still have Christmas trees in their rooms, they don't want to take them down)
  • Horses running really fast
  • merry-go-round
  • trip to pick up daddy's car at the mechanic tomorrow
  • things outside
We have planned a date to go out and take pictures. We talked and talked about photography. He is SO CREATIVE!!!!
And here's a little secret.......He told me that there are so many things he likes, he might not be a navy seal after all.
He brought me to tears tonight.

2 comments:

jenvalko said...

Wow, very impressive Caden!

jenn said...

wow caden! I can't believe he can talk shutter speed. such a smarty! oh yes, and your kids aren't the only ones with Christmas trees still in their room. I'm beginning to wonder if Ava will ever part with hers!