Sophia knows best!!!

I'm like the girl who cried wolf! From the day that I found out my due date, I already had it in my head that the baby would come the week of thanksgiving break. Mostly out of convenience, but I had many reasons to believe this was possible. I would be 37 weeks and 2 of my 3 kids were born at 37 weeks. Sarah was 38. I thought it would be so nice if the baby came while my kids were at home and Scott already had 2 days of time off built into the week. As this crazy pregnancy I have had has progressed this week became the only "due date" that has really stuck in my head. I think I've even told people when they've asked the due date,
"end of November."
With all the early contractions, dilating, and staying off my feet I had to do I believed even more that my predicted 37 1/2 week due date was a sure bet! Well here I am, almost 38 weeks, dilated at a 3, heads engaged they say, contractions EVERY DAY and still big and round.
I don't mind so much still being pregnant. I am getting a lot done with all this extra time on my hands (see, I always like to be prepared early, so I had everything ready for the baby by the day before I turned 37 weeks). I canned tomatoes today, I've recently started a super cute quilt for the baby, and have gotten everything ready to make the kids Christmas pillow cases (prob get those done tonight).
I think that I've just totally been throne off guard with things not going the way I WANTED them to and I so carefully planned. I thought that there would be no other way for this birth to go but the way I planned!
I am just having to learn a lot of patience. It's been crazy fro the beginning (remember the IV's and all the Zofran).
Sophia, you can stay in there as long as you need to get ready to meet us. I will try to be patient because you know when you're ready. Just please, stop with all the contractions til you really mean it!!!!!
I will update when Sophia decides to make her appearance. Please accept my apologies for all my ramblings and complaining as a very hormonal mother who is experiencing a pregnancy MUCH different than any of the last three.
5 comments:
Yeah, wait just one more day, Sophia- we'll be back soon.
I've always thought December was a GREAT birthday month:)!!!
LOVE that cute picture, too!
What a beautiful picture! I am looking forward to meeting Sophia.
oh good luck and keep truckin! your little fam is so beautiful!
I am so excited for you! Sorry she's not here yet though. The picture is beautiful!
I had a dream about Sophia the other night. She had lots and lots of dark hair.. she looked like a cute little monkey! :) now watch, she'll be blonde hair blue-eyed!
Post a Comment