
Scott and I finally decided to venture out. We left the nest and left the little birdies at home with Grandma and Grandpa, and 36 week pregnant aunt Dawn. We debated where we should go. Scott, wanted to go somewhere simple just to get away, like Seattle or Portland. Then of course, the thought of a vacation got me crazy in the head and I started thinking extravagant!!! I really wanted to go somewhere warm and without having passports, Hawaii seemed the obvious choice. my overly practical husband did not want to "waste" a day in flying and layovers so with the help of the friendly people over at expedia we chose to visit San Diego. Brrrrrrr. . . .luckily, they've got plenty of huge malls here because wecould see that our luggae filled with shorts and t-shirts wasn't going to cut it. they say that it is 10 degrees cooler here than normal. Despite the chill, it's been fun to see how life is lived in neighboring states. (I think I like the slower pace of what is known here to the locals as the "potato state".) What made the trip all worthwhile are the dolphins and whales we saw off the pier. beautiful!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment