We have a dry erase board in the dining room and I like to use it with the kids when we do little activities or mini lessons. Usually at luch I will write sentences for Caden to illustrate, letters for Sarah, spanish words, or more recently the food pyramid (we needed a healthy food talk). The other day I asked Caden what we should talk about at lunch and put on the board. He said that he wanted to write down 100 fun things he likes to do. We made the grid and began writing. I told him to think of the things he was most grateful for. Sarah got in on it too. We had so much fun thinking of all the fun and wonderful thing we are surrounded by. It took a good 30-45 min of talking and laughing and walking around the house to get ideas. Caden even wrote many of them on the board himself. We had so much fun. The biggest reward was when we only had a few boxes left to fill, Caden asked me to write on one that he had so much fun writing on the board with Mommy. What a fun afternoon we had.
No comments:
Post a Comment