Caden had a "Santa's workshop" at school where kids were given the opportunity to purchase gifts for their families. He brought home an envelope that we were supposed to fill out with family members, their ages, and amount of money we were sending. I added $6, figuring Caden would have a little over $1 per person. I explained this to him. When he got home he only had one thing hidden in a bag. He wrapped it up and put it under the tree with a note. He later told me that he had $1.50 left over. He explained to me that there was a section of expensive things on one side, and a section of cheap things on the other.
"I didn't want to bu y you guys each something cheap, so I went to the expensive side and bought one nice thing for all of you to share that had a 4 and fifty cents, so I decided to just keep the change".
Wow, what could I say to that?
I had to read the card after that. I will try and write what it says, for those of you that don't read "Caden".
"I'm sorry I didn't get something for the whole family. I didn't have enough money so I just......."
I can't really decipher the rest of the jumbled up letters. I need to teach him about spaces between words.
1 comment:
Wow, tender. I was a little watery. He has such a sweet spirit Celeste. Also good loving mom.
Post a Comment