Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Any stain removing experts out there?

The culprit: brightest pinkish/red nail polish we own

Partner in crime: mischievous little three year old, up past bed time. Look at those nails. Don't let that smile fool you.

Evidence: damp bathroom towel, nail polish stains all over it.

Victim/Crime: Brand new carpet, very visible, bright pink nail polish stain!!!!!!

The kids had been in bed for about two hours now. It was about ten so I got in the bath to have a little relaxing time before bed. Scott came in and asked me if I was painting my nails. I told him "no", and he told me that there was a very strong smell of nail polish. He walked down the hall to Sarah's room to find this huge puddle of nail polish on the carpet. Sarah was hiding under the covers at the end of her bed and by the door he found the damp rag with nail polish all over it. AAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

What is a parent to do with such a busy little girl. How and When she was able to sneak into the nail polish without us knowing, I do not know. I like to think that our house is a house of order. the occasional little spill, yes, I can handle and do expect that from time to time. But I try to keep things so nice and tidy------BIG pink stain on the carpet, not the look I'm really going for!

What safely takes "tropical tranquility" out of carpets?

3 comments:

jenvalko said...

We have some friends in Montana who own a carpet cleaning business, I will ask them for you!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I looked it up online and there were a million suggestions, so I just email an attachement to you. Hopefully something will work.

Michelle Burk said...

I always look online and find the answers for stains the boys make on my carpet. I've gotten out melted crayon, oil pastels, and paint. I guarantee you will find lots of ideas. Google, it's the way to go.