Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our special visitor

Besides the occasional, and normal mishaps, things have been pretty peaceful around here. Could it be my diligent efforts to invite the Christmas spirit into our home? Everything looks so festive, I play Christmas music every day, we read a meaningful Christmas story every night before bed,
OR.......................
Could it be our special visitor?


Mr. Peeps made his appearance shortly after Thanksgiving. He brought with him a note from Santa outlining his duties in our home. Basically, Santa brought him to keep an eye on us.....see if we are naughty or nice. He moves around every night to a different location in our home AND if you touch him, he loses his magic. On Christmas eve he moves to the tree and Santa takes him home until next year. There is an actul poem that I found and printed off explaining all this. The kids loved this.
The kids, especially Caden, have absolutely loved this. I recommend it to anyone with children. It makes the season so magical. I often hear Caden talk to his friends about Mr. Peeps.
"Did Santa bring an elf to Your house".
Mr. peeps even wrote them a note the other day and Caden took it to school to show his teacher. The other day I caught him peeking around the corner and waving at him (his greatest wish is to catch Mr. peeps come alive). Hannah goes and talks to him.
Today Caden was almost in tears because his friend picked Mr. Peeps up to play with him.
"No, if you touch him he won't come alive tonight and move, then he can't tell Santa if we were good".
We quickly put Mr. Peeps back so that he could rest and gain his magic back!
Merry Christmas......Hope Mr. Peeps visits your family!

5 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

Celeste-Best idea ever!! LOVE it! I'll have to remember it for next year!

Lisa said...

Celeste - what a cute idea!! Like Kelli said, probably a bit too late this year, but definitely next year!! (maybe you'll have to give a little reminder on your blog!)

Stylin' Binder's said...

Where did you get MR. Peeps? Thats a cute idea!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

That really is a great idea. Hopefully I will remember to use it in a few years. You're such a good mom.

jenvalko said...

That's the same Mr.Peeps that I found! I even wrote "Mr.Peeps" in the card holder, too!:)