Before leaving for our trip I wanted to make sure and get all of the tomatoes picked from our garden (it was a good thing because it snowed that night. Can you believe it!). My plan was to just pick as much as I could and call it good. I still had a lot of packing to do along with all the other little things you do before leaving your children for a week. I felt like all these little things were far more important. the Garden could wait til we returned. I enlisted help from the little ones and surprisingly, they were having so much fun. Before I knew it, we had clippers and bags and we were completely cleaning out the whole garden. Caden was so big. He kept grabbing his back and saying
"wow, this is so much work, my back is killing me".
He wouldn't stop. A ,"few minute project" , turned into hours, working side-by-side. Caden talked of feeling like he was a squirrel,
"except we are bigger", he said. "we are gathering for the winter so we can survive and our garage is like our cave, but we aren't going to sleep all winter".
"except we are bigger", he said. "we are gathering for the winter so we can survive and our garage is like our cave, but we aren't going to sleep all winter".
We had a lot of fun, even Sarah pitched in. As Caden pulled out the last Tomato plant and I told him what a hard worker he was today, he said to me,
"Mommy, this is the best day of my life".
I guess that packing can always wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment