Friday, October 24, 2008

My brave boy!!!


I let the kids take their tent outside the other day and Caden decided that he wanted to spend the night in the tent so that he could "guard the house". We got out his sleeping bag, pillow, and flashlight. We sent him on his way, fully expecting to see him back within the half hour. Scott looked down at his watch at 12 min. then at twenty. He looked at me and said, " It's been a full 20 min. I'm going out there". Caden was sound asleep, but in anticipation of, a middle of the night scare, Scott decided to stand guard outside the tent (It is too small for two people). At 4 in the morning Scott came back to bed, it was too cold and there was no sign of movement from the tent. At 8 Am the girls came into our room, but no Caden. I went in his room on my way down the stairs and his bed was empty. I took Hannah down to get her some breakfast and I looked out the window to see Caden gathering up his stuff and zipping up his tent. He came in, smile from ear to ear, and announced that he slept in the tent, guarding the house, all night long. Fun times!

No comments: