Monday, October 6, 2008

We finally did it!!!!!

Scott has been wanting to go visit his mission since I've known him. Adrian also lives back east and they just had a baby and we are dying to see her, so we did it. Scott booked a trip on Saturday, and we leave in a few days. CRAZY!!!! I am so excited to see Adrian and Wendy's new little baby and so excited that I get to walk the streets that Scott walked on his mission. He just can't wait to take me to see the places that he talks about so often. Scott's favorite time of year is the fall and especially on the east coast. He told me that he can't wait to go for walks together and get hot apple cider. He's sooo romantic! i am so super nervous to leave my little ones behind, but with all the help that has been offered by friends and fam, they are in good hands.

6 comments:

katie said...

Where did he serve? Sounds like it's going to be a wonderful trip! The fall truly is beautiful back east because of all the trees we have. Though at least here in NY the leaves have barely started turning color so it's not to spectacular yet, hopefully where ever you're going they are changing more quickly so you can really take it all in!

jenvalko said...

Wow, I'm so glad you guys are going! Good for you! Let me know if you need any baby-sitting while you're gone! (Well, I'll be gone the 11th to the 17th, but if it's before or after that I can babysit!) Will you be back by the 17th for the game? :)

katie said...

To answer the big question...no it's not freezing here. We have actually been in the lower to mid 70's this whole week with lows dropping to the mid 50's at night. Pretty good for October. I'm not sure about Boston but it is usually a little cooler there. Still really nice weather though! Have fun!

Chris and Mel said...

hello smith clan! so good to hear from you girl. well, awesome to hear you are traveling to the east coast- we love it and have just moved back that way again- the DC area- where are you headed? i hope you have a fabulous trip and do stay in touch- lots easier with family blogs for sure... talk at you soon. melanni

Mike and Kelli said...

I'm so excited for you guys! When we left Gracie and took a trip to Mexico I had tons of anxiety the whole way there but then once we got there we were having so much fun I didn't look back. Take tons of pictures!!!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love going back east! My Scott is from Maryland and his parents still live there, so we've been back to visit a few times. I'm sure it will be a great trip. Say hi to Adrian and Wendy for me. Have a great time! I can't wait to see pictures.