I always have a lot of help in the kitchen. The kids just love to help me with anything I am making. Hannah grabs the little stool and drags it over to the counter where I am cooking, and Sarah, of course, just climbs right up. Fully aware that all these extra little fingers in the pot doubles the time it takes me to make anything, I can't resist those cute little faces, and their eager desires to be a part of something that makes them feel so BIG. Even after this minor catastrophe, I am sure that we will continue to have many cooks in the kitchen.
Immediately after adding 4 cups of flour to our cookie recipe, Sarah asks if she can turn on the mixer. Before I could get out the words, "make sure you turn it on very slowly",
I was covered in flour, as was Hannah, and the rest of the kitchen. It all happened so fast, at first I didn't know what hit me. In her excitement, Sarah pulled the setting lever to 10, a super FAST speed for such a large quantity of flour.
3 comments:
I love these childhood moments. You'll always laugh when you think back to that flour flying EVERYWHERE. Darling girls. You are so lucky.
Where's the picture of you covered in flour????........that's something i'd love to see!
Your kids will have great memories of being in the kitchen with you. It will be fun to look back and laugh later on. Plus, everyone has to learn the flour lesson by experience.
Post a Comment