Caden ended up having to stay home from school the other day because he had a fever. He spent the first half of the day lying on the couch feeling pretty miserable (good for me because I also happened to be VERY sick that day). By about noon, when Hannah went down for her nap and I planned on finally getting some rest, Caden started feeling pretty peppy.
“When is Daddy going to be home, He’s been gone so long”? He kept asking.
I kept trying to explain to him that it was only noon and Daddy would be home at his normal time.
“This is the longest day”! Caden complained. He and Sarah started to get a little rambunctious and I realized that rest was probably not going to be an option for me. I don’t know why it is that even when sick, children still have ample amounts of energy.
Apparently, Caden’s sick day was throwing off his schedule and with several hours still ahead before Daddy’s arrival, I had to think of something fast. I pulled out the craft bin and let the kids have at it.
Creativity flowed. Puppets were made, little houses made from sticks, blankets draped over a saw horse and chairs to create a puppet theater, popcorn popped……
“Is Daddy going to be home soon”?
Only 3:30.
“Why is this day so long”?
I think Caden will think twice before wanting to stay home sick next time. Scott eventually arrived, right on time! We ended up having to pop a second batch of popcorn because the first batch got eaten during all the WAITING. The kids sat us down and we enjoyed a wonderful puppet show. The long wait was worth it!
1 comment:
That is so adorable! Every time I look at your blog it makes me anxious for my kids to grow up (um, and be born!) so that we can do fun family things like have a puppet show!
Post a Comment