Okay, so I always hear about and read about all the crazy good deals out there but haven't ever really taken the time to participate or even understand it. I am still baffled by it and haven't quite jumped on the band wagon with all the crazy savvy couponers, but i tested the waters over the weekend. I must say it was quite thrilling. I love the Albertsons on Orchard and Overland!!!! They were so helpful, I had someone walk me through the whole process, down to 7 transactions at checkout. I got all items at $ .71/ item. I went in not really knowing what I was doing and because it was not really planned, I didn't have any coupons with me. I know some people have gotten their stuff for $ .30/item. Next time I will do better.
And to sweeten the deal, all the cereal boxes came with little cars. This in itself made it worth the wait the kids had to endure in the car while mommy went in for "a few things".
And to make it even better yet, I earned $ .55/ gallon on gas. Now that is a deal!!!!
5 comments:
I've been wanting to try that too but it seems complicated. Maybe someday.
Great job! It gets easier and becomes a little addicting too.
I am seriously impressed. I will have to just take the plunge- you make it seem easy!
I love how scott calculated it to be .71/item. Such great hubby support:)!
Celeste, that made me laugh out loud when I saw that picture! The reason I laughed was because after I got home from shopping, I thought about doing the same thing, I was so happy! But, I was too tired...and I put everything away already.:)
By the way, most of the cake mixes, cookies, brownies, etc. that I got expire this September--do yours, too? If so, that's a lot of baking for the next 6 months!:)
Post a Comment