On Monday we will be getting a new microwave door to replace this one that has a HUGE crack running down the center of the inner glass. You can imagine just how sick I felt when Scott called me to ask if I knew how our microwave door got shattered.
Luckily I didn't notice it in the moment it happened...........
I woke up on the morning of the 23rd (Scott and my 8Th anniversary) feeling a little tired. Being the first day of spring break(no school), I found it highly unnecessary to rush out of bed. I took my time getting up and getting dressed. It was unusually quiet. The sound of children yelling for me to get out of bed because they were STARVING was missing. Feeling a little nervous, and sure that the kids were up to something, I headed down stairs. There were my little kids, chairs pushed up to the counter, making breakfast. I was so touched by this sweet little act. Caden told me that since I do so much for him he wanted to make me breakfast. I told him how nice that was and asked if he knew it was our anniversary. He said that he didn't, but God must have put that feeling in his heart to make him think to do that. I gave him a big hug and thanked him for being such a wonderful son.
On the menu:
A plate of toast was prepared,
and several eggs had been cracked into a big STOCK POT, ready for, I don't know what !!! I wonder what they would have done with that had I been gone a little longer.
The last part of our delicious meal was the bacon that Caden had put in the microwave himself.
When I took the Bacon out of the microwave for him I was shocked to see that a piece of tinfoil covered the plate. I gasped and said, "did you guys know that you aren't supposed to have tinfoil in the microwave"? Caden said "Sarah told me that you always have to have things covered in the microwave". Now this was true and I just laughed to myself thinking about how the kids pick up on my little obsessive cleanliness needs. This completely distracted me from the tinfoil and I didn't give the microwave another thought.
It was too sunny so Hannah insisted on wearing sun glasses during breakfast.
So it wasn't til days later that Scott noticed the microwave. After much investigating I came to the conclusion that it was in fact the tinfoil that was the culprit. I didn't want to believe it, but after finding a tiny piece of glass on the counter with tinfoil stuck to it, and a tiny piece of burnt tinfoil in the microwave, the evidence was undeniable. I am just so glad that I found out then and not during one of the most wonderful breakfasts I have ever had.
1 comment:
I remember you telling that story, but that is even cooler that you took pictures!
Post a Comment