Friday, March 26, 2010

Green Day
St. Patrick's dat also happens to be Sarah's birthday, so I always find it a challenge to throw in some fun activities for the holiday without taking away from Sarah's big day. Now that Caden is in school, it gets harder. See, all the other kids have leprechauns that visit them and leave candy or messes. We were lucky enough that while I was out ALL day doing fun birthday stuff with Sarah, a pesky little leprechaun turned our milk green and all the toilet water. Caden was satisfied! Throughout the week, we did do a few fun activities.
French toast with buttermilk syrup recipe I got from a friend. This was a huge hit.
(One of my friends has an awesome blog where she posts some awesome holiday activities here)

We had a coin hunt.

For family night, I put our whole lesson divided up into different bags. They had to find clovers which were numbered and draw out of the corresponding bag (I hid clovers in 3 differnt rooms so that each kid would get their own room to search in ensuring that each one would get a number that corresponded with each bag. We have to be totally fair around here.) Some bags had songs, some stories or scriptures , but some lucy bags had money or candy! The kids LOVED this and now when we have Family home evening Hannah says, "where are the bags with the candy and money?"



It was my turn to teach preschool and we had a really fun green day! Look at all those cute girls in green! It was so much fun.

We had a little Green tea party which was a big hit. Everything was green, including the ice cubes. The girls even ate green peppers.
.



1 comment:

jenvalko said...

Wow, your decorating talents are astounding! I can't believe how creative and talented you are!