Friday, March 26, 2010

Spellers
Caden did really well at the school spelling bee. The top three spellers were chosen from every class to go on to the school spelling bee. Caden studied really hard all week. The second grade words were really tough
tilapia, lasagna, chipotle, physics, mystery, umbrella...just to name a few!
Caden only knew about 40 of the 75 words so when the day came we were hoping that all his hard work (and a lot of luck) would pay off.
I had to be there all day long as around advisor so I saw Caden that morning when he came in for the all school assembly in the gym. He told me he was so nervous! I was so nervous for him.
Here are the three kids from his class that made it into the bee.

Scott was a judge in the afternoon so we had lunch with Caden on our break.
He told Scott that he couldn't go out and play because he was nervous.

When the moment came though, he did awesome. He seemed so cool and confidant up there.
He made it through several rounds, but as luck would have it, when it came time to pull words out of the 2nd grade bag, he got one I hadn't studied with him. "GUITAR " He left out the U.
We are so proud of him! He has learned a lot of new words and gained a really fun life experience!



Daddy gives him a hug. 9 he was quite crushed for a few hours that he got out. We took him out to dinner that night and by the next day he was happy as can be.)

1 comment:

jenvalko said...

Aw, that's so cute! Caden did a lot of spelling at our house the other day--even sentences that I made up! Pretty impressive!