Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our new pet
Hannah has been telling us for a while now that she wants a pet bird like the one that's at the library.
Well, this little Robin must have heard her plea, and is trying so hard to fulfill that wish.
And he's very persistent at it!!!! Like, 5 days persistent!
Dear little bird, Don't you know that Hannah is VERY tired of you ramming into our windows 150+ times a day. She has yelled at you to "GO AWAY" several times.

Please, if anyone knows anything about crazy robins, do share....unless your response is that it is just chasing its own reflection and the only solution is to cover the window with paper (that is what the fish and Game told me, as well as the Birds of Prey). First of all, This little Robin makes its way around to ALL our windows. He starts of with one window and after realizing he can't get into that one, he moves on to the next. He's got 4 or 5 windows he works on the most. I can't possibly cover u all those windows. Zamzows has recommended some shiny tape, I think I can handle that.

When our little friend is resting from all the crashing he's doing, he sits right there on the bench on our front porch and watches me while I'm on the computer. It's starting to freak me out!! When Caden came home from school yesterday he started going crazy and ramming into the family room window where we were at. Is this bird trying to deliver a message?!? Does anyone speak robin?

Shadow of our Robin trying to get into the guest bedroom.
This is the 5th day. I don't know what to do. The robin is trying to break into our guest bedroom as we speak.....aaaaghhh!!!!!

6 comments:

Daniel and Dawn said...

I have no suggestions, but I will say, "that is hilarious!!"

Maybe hang a pretend Robin in the window so he gets jealous and leaves.

Jim said...

LOVE the shot you got of him! Hope the tape works. I wonder if a bird feeder would distract him, or only encourage him to stay in your yard.
I know where a few BB guns are;)

Los Tweets said...

ha! this is awesome. my family gets pretty superstitious, so they would say that someone's spirit is trying to tell us something. probably just a confused birdy, or a hungry one! good pics you got of it.

jenn said...

cool pictures Celeste. The shadow one is awesome. he's not a very smart bird is he? I bet the kids would love to make up a story about this experience and then you can use your pics for the illustrations.

LDS Mom said...

This totally happened to us last year! "Our bird" was trying to build a nest on the window out of straw and mud. It was a total mess! We tried putting a fake owl just outside the window, but nothing seemed to scare it away. It did eventually leave.

Great pictures!

STEVEN WAGGONER said...

Celeste,
JUST LET HIM IN! How can you turn away such a wanting, needing creature?? Remember all those spiders and bugs you wouldn't let me squish? You would make me carefully take them outside. Show him a little love. He obviously wants to be a part of your life. I have a suspicion that all "pet" birds don't actually prefer to have clipped wings and live in some little cage with newspaper and their own poop. I'm sure they understand they were blessed with the gift of flight.
But this bird...he WANTS to be your pet. Maybe he's the exception to my theory. Take him in. Get a cage. Get some newspaper. Get some food. Free pet! (and guilt free)

DO IT!!