I had to go to a meeting and I took Sarah with me. Having recently moved into our house, I was asked how we are liking our new home, to which Sarah replied, "our house is going to catch fire". I was not sure why she would say this, but before I could say anything Sarah piped up again, "but my Daddy has flashlights and backpacks".
Scott has recently been collecting items for our 72 hour kits and he has been taking the kids with him to purchase flashlights. We have had several Family nights on the subject of being prepared and Scott has talked to the kids about why we have backpacks with flashlights.
While Sarah might not completely grasp the concept of being prepared for the, JUST IN-CASE, and rather assumes that disaster WILL happen, I am so glad that our lessons are somewhat sinking in. In addition to this incident, I took Caden to pick out a gift for Scott and he took me right to the flashlights/camping section because he said that is the kind of stuff Daddy likes.
Thanks Daddy/husband for teaching us

2 comments:
Kids usually pick up on more than we realize. Way to be prepared. We've been working on that lately too. When are you coming to Utah?
Kelly,
Wed-Sun. Sorry, I can't answer you on your blog. I can't look at it anymore. The invite expired.
Post a Comment